|Home||» Products||» Millets||» Proso Millet|
Product Code : PSM19
- Beneficial in anti-ageing: Proso millet has high anti-oxidant content. Anti-oxidants are substances which remove free radicals from your body.
- These molecules damage the cells and fatigue them causing them to age.
- These are the reasons for wrinkles on skin, complexion loss etc
- Beneficial for nervous system :It contains high amount of lecithin.
- Lecithin is a compound that indirectly affects the nervous system and keeps it functioning smoothly.
- Beneficial in preventing pellagra and other Niacin dependent conditions: Pellagra is a condition in which the skin becomes scaly and rough and starts falling off.
- This is caused due to the deficiency of niacin. Proso millet has a very high content of niacin.
- Useful for strengthening bones: It contains high amounts of calcium which is essential for bone growth and maintenance. It actually contains one of the most absorbable sources of calcium found among food stuffs.
- This is especially useful for young children whose bones are in the growing phase and need plenty of calcium and for old people for whom large amounts of calcium are required for proper bone maintenance.
- Beneficial in preventing cardiac diseases: Millets also reduced the concentration of C-Reactive proteins which also helps in cutting heart disease risks.
- Helps to lower cholesterol : Proso millet has been shown to reduce the cholesterol levels in mammals. Apparently, Proso millet elevates the levels of High Density Lipoproteins in the body.
- The presence of HDLs increases the metabolism of cholesterol and helps bring it under control.
- Apart from this, Millet is also known to contain phyto chemicals like Phytic acid. Phytic acid is known to reduce cholesterol. This is an added benefit to the fact that it can also reduce heart disease risk.
- Decreases risk of cancer : Lignans are an essential phytonutrient present in millets that are very useful to humans. In the intestines of humans, the bacteria act on them and convert them to mammalian lignans that are known to cut the risk of cancers like breast cancer.
- Rich source of essential Phosphorus: Millets are a very rich source of phosphorus for the body. A single cup of millet provides the 24% of the bodys daily requirement of phosphorus. Phosphorus is very essential for cell building and genetic replication in the body.
Reduced risk of Diabetes : Recent research has shown that regular consumption of millet can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes as it keeps a check on glucose and regulates insulin. This is believed to be because of the high content of magnesium in the millet.
- Help prevent gall stones : Millets are also known to prevent the formation of gallstones. This is because of the high content of insoluble fibre present in them which eradicates the possibility of excessive secretion of bile which is one major cause for gall stones
- Useful for people with coeliac disease: Coeliac disease is a condition in which the individual is highly resistant and allergic to gluten. Thus this is one of the foods which these people can consume safely.